Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Double Cable Scarf

My oldest daughter and her BFF are heading to BYU-Idaho in January.
It is located in Rexburg, ID--nicknamed "Iceburg".
No kidding!

I went there myself back in the day and there was snow on the ground from October to April---straight.
No melting and 6 ft. drifts near my apartment.
Even though they are both Minnesota girls and used to cold weather they are going to need some warm gear.

Double Cable Scarf | Flickr - Going to make this one for daughter's best friend for graduation--eggplant color.  So scrumpious!
Source here

I made this scarf for BFF as her going to college present.
She LOVES purple and this color is just gorgeous!





Details:
  • Finished dimensions 7 inches by 72 inches.
  • Pattern from Vogue Knitting on the Go: Cables, pg, 26-29.  
  • 2 skeins Red Heart Soft in Grape
  • Amazingly I didn't make any changes to the pattern.  I did, however, rewrite the abbreviations somewhat so I could read it easier.  That is the one thing about cables, it seems there are a number of abbreviations that can be used for the same stitch.  i.e. 4-st RC is the same as CB2

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...