Friday, February 7, 2014

One Pot Sweet Potato Chili

Tried this recipe for Sweet Potato Chili a couple weeks ago.  The recipe came in our little magazine from the health clinic.  Loved, loved, loved it!  We will definitely be making this again.



The lime juice and fresh cilantro make it AWESOME!

Case in point, one of my daughters tried my soup--all doctored up--then served herself some and told me that it wasn't as good.  Well, she hadn't added the yogurt or cilantro to it.

Recipe pdf. found HERE.

And just as good leftover as the day you make it.
Yummy served with corn or tortilla chips too.

Changes I made:
  • Doubled the recipe for our family.
  • Used 1 can each pinto and garbanzo beans, undrained, but they were my home canned jars and so they have less liquid than store bought cans.
  • Used 1-15 oz. can corn, drained
  • Did not double the red pepper (only because I forgot to buy 2 instead of 1)
  • Used plain yogurt.

1 comment:

  1. This does look yummy. I'll have to give it a try,especially on our diet because the same things get kind of boring. M

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...