Friday, April 26, 2013

Amish Buggy Block Quilt

Sometimes I just need to sit down and sew.
That would be most of the last 2 weeks, though it didn't actually happen that way.

It had been ugly weather outside thanks to our lovely "Spring" storms.
Nothing Spring about it.
We are still in the throes of Winter here.
I actually saw a sign outside the vet's office that read, "We're having a lovely Winter this Spring".
That about sums it up.
One morning my kids hit the bus stop with thundersnow happening.
It was a little freaky to say the least---seeing flashes of lightning while it was snowing.
The record snow fall in April is a bit ridiculous.
We don't care about the records.
We all just want it gone.
Seriously, it is killing us.
You know it is bad when even the Minnesotans are complaining.
We're so done with Winter!

Enough complaining.......unless we get even more snow down the road......
Thankfully today we are going to hit 70.  The Hallelujah chorus sings in the background.  We can't hardly believe.  I'll be eating lunch outside today....just because I can.

I finished both the top and the back for the Amish Buggy block swap that Emily started last Fall.


Top pre border attached.

With borders

Blue border cut 2" strips to finish at 1 1/2 inches.
Brown border cut 3" strips
I plan on binding it with the same brown.

The back.

The yellow piece is brighter than it is showing up in this picture.

Now to decide whether to quilt it myself or send it to Lynn.
I'm leaning towards Lynn out of pure laziness.

3 comments:

  1. You are good. I need to get mine out and get it finished as well. Still going with a piano key border, but the thought of actually doing it is holding me back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I like it! Nice deep colours.

    So sorry about your snow... We don't get too much snow, mostly just rain, which can also really get to you. Last year it rained until June 30th and then we finally got summer. It's almost May, it just has to melt soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sad that my machine broke down last year and I wasn't able to participate in the swap. I love this quilt. It really turned out beautifully.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...