Wednesday, February 29, 2012

A whole lotta bright fabrics!

This past week I've been trying to work thru my current project pile while not starting anything new!  It has been quite challenging for me as I tend to start more than I finish.   But believe me when I say my WIP list is a mile long!  So no more new until I bust thru some old...

When I was loading my pictures I noticed that all my current projects contained crazy bright fabrics, so this week it's all about the brights!

 
These blocks were part of a swap I did the end of last year.  I needed to make a few more blocks to get the quilt to the size I wanted.  Thankfully I have now finished the extra blocks and have a completed top!

 My doll quilt top is done!  Yay!  I am very happy with how it turned out.  All those tiny pieces worked out just the way I'd hoped.  Now onto quilting options...
This one's got to be done an mailed by April 1st.

 
Whipped up some pinwheel blocks last minute for Carin.  Some might say that these are too bright/ugly for anyone's liking, but I say no. :)  My kids think they are awesome, so I'm guessing some other child will love them, too.  I made enough blocks for a small-ish sized quilt. 
 I'm liking the sub-pattern created by the stripes.


And, finally I busted my way thru the leftovers from my daughter's quilt and ended up having enough for a good sized child's quilt.

It feels great to do some stash clean up.

2 comments:

  1. Looks good!
    I like bright.
    And I like stash busting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your bright quilts--they would make a person happy to have them around and snuggle under. Mom

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...